Tuesday, August 4, 2009

clunkard to your mother

So I drive what the government would consider a “clunker”. I have a I've whored out to what I want it to be. It was a ten second car, and now it’s a moderate twelve second car on the dragstrip; yet, the government would consider it a clunker car worthy only of a trade in value of $4,500. Is my car only worth that much because it selfishly gets 12 miles to the gallon? Or because that government wants to look good in the public eye towards the whole U.N. China could give a rice paddie about greenhouse gases. Why does our government care about my car? Or your car? Now could I understand about Uncle Jethro's 84 Astro van, that is on its last leg? My car runs well, and gets me from point A to point B in the Texas heat with A/C. What if his van was the first car he ever made love in, voted in, met his wife in, carried his kids in…Is there a sentimental value involved? Will the government ever attribute a value to what its constituency thinks? Why does our government care so much when other countries (larger countries?) care so little about greenhouse gases. Is this about emissions, or the planet ,or just trying to keep up with the world’s status quo? This under-funded government program lacks a purpose and is just another piece of paperwork designed to get the public excited and then try to back out towards the restroom when it comes check time. It’s a pity, the things that might help the US out are bogged down by administration that will kill the planet for re-election.

No comments:

Post a Comment